Saturday, January 21, 2012

Letters to Finley.


My dear little son,

I cannot tell you enough times how lucky I am to have you.  After your sister was born I was eager and ready to have another baby.  I just knew there was another soul up there anxiously awaiting to come down, your dad thought I was crazy but we both agreed that there definitely was someone very persistent.... we thought it was another little girl.  I am so glad we were wrong.  
You are the sweetest most mellow soul.  Your uncles have said they had a pet rock harder to take care of than you.  I'd have to agree, you are very unique.  

This month you have mastered the art of sitting up, your sister is absolutely thrilled.  You just adore Genevieve and try to keep up with everything she does.  I think it is safe to say she pretty much thinks you are the cats meow too.  It is so amazing to see your relationship develop.  Just the other day you were sitting on your bum in the midst of hundreds of toys while Genevieve carefully showed you her "map", a manual for a toy.  Both of you were enthralled with each other. Those are the moments I wish I could capture in a bottle and store them safely on a shelf.  

Besides sitting up, you are talking too.  Lots of "ya ya ya" and "da da da"  You still aren't quite sure about solids, you still remain partial to the boob, dad says he doesn't blame you.  I will keep working on it.  You have to stop nursing someday, you can't take me with you to college.  

Again, I love, love, love you my dear boy.  Another month down, I'm anxious to see what month seven brings.

~mom

6 (almost 7) months
18.2 lbs 50th percentile
29 inches 98th percentile
height to weight ratio 3rd percentile
head 50th percentile



2 comments:

Kristi said...

What a cute little guy! He looks like such a happy baby! LOVE happy babies! :) His eyes are beautiful blue!

Madison Grunig said...

He is such a cutie and I love those beautiful, blue eyes. Aren't happy babies the best?!