Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Letters to Genevieve.

Dear Genevieve,

I should have known you were a daddy's girl when your first word was "dada" and it just so happened to be on mother's day.
 Last night as you cried with a snotty nose and a sore bum I tried to comfort you.  I tried just about everything I could think of to make you feel better... I sang all the songs I knew, tickled your back, held you, rocked you, nothing helped.  Then daddy walked in and just like that your little arms stretched out towards him.  You wanted him.  I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for myself and somewhat broken hearted but it was completely endearing to watch your little head rest on your daddy's big chest as your fingers curled around his arms and he rocked you slowly to sleep as you both began to snore in rhythm. 

Although, I'm not the biggest fan of all nighters, poopy diapers, sore bums and bubbles coming out of your nose.  I was overwhelmed with gratitude as I laid down for the fifteenth time last night and dozed off to the sound of your humidifier and the two of you snoring.


although you're a daddy's girl
you always be my little girl.

love you~ mom

2 comments:

The Carter's said...

My friend who grew up on a farm, turned me on to a product called Corona...it's a cream for animals, but I found was the absolute cure all for a bad bad diaper rash. You can get it at any ag store....Just a tip:) Ps...you are adorbs as usual!

The Schaefermeyer Family! said...

It's hard when they want Daddy. My 2 year old just started to become Daddy's little buddy and wants Daddy all the time. Which is hard when daddy is never around with school and such. The other night though I went out and Daddy called with me a screaming 2 year old. He wanted MOMMY!! I cried for joy and came home just to put my little boy to bed. I hope your family gets better soon!