Monday, October 11, 2010

12 months


my dearest genevieve,

what do ya know... I survived er I mean you survived.  We made it. Well at least we made it through the first year.  We only have a gazillion more to go.  Seriously, there might have been a few times I didn't think either one of us would make it... sometimes I didn't think daddy would either.  But we did and we did it quite gracefully I have to say. 
You're one cute kid... I'm not just saying that because I'm your mom.  Everyone thinks so.  I'm pretty sure you are one  of the prettiest babies I know and your personalty just makes you that much more beautiful. 
Dad and I can't get enough of you... well sometimes bed time is a nice reprieve. You are just a bubbly, happy, sweet, carefree little girl and I say little girl because by golly that is what you are becoming.  It's hard to believe that my little tiny 6 pound baby is a babbling, laughing sass a frass toddler.  Although you are one years old and deemed a toddler you aren't quite toddling yet.  You have been able to stand up by yourself a few times on your own, daddy and I are always ecstatic to see you balancing on your little feet.  Most of the time we surprise the living daily lights out of you and you quickly fall on your
bum.  I can't help it, I tear up, your growing so fast.  I think you have come to the conclusion that walking is overrated when you can move as fast as lighting on your hands and knees.  You can really cook crawling.


You may not be toddling but you sure are talking.  Talking up a storm.  I don't know if anyone else can understand you but daddy and I have really become fluent in "genevievish".  Words we can understand you say: 
daddy (clear as day you don't need to know "genevieveish")
mama
hi
balloon
ball
doggie
duckie
sophi (these three all pretty much sound the same)

we just recently learned your favorite song from your auntie Becca:

"I had a little Turtle, his name is Tiny Tim.
I put him in the bath tub to see if he could swim
He drank up all the water
gulp gulp gulp
he ate up all the soap
yum yum yum
now he's in bed with bubbles in his throat
bubble bubble bubble
bubble bubble bubble
bubble bubble bubble
bubble bubble POP!"

so you go around all day singing bubble bubble pop pop pop

wowwy so stinkin cute, i must say.

You are a sweet little girl with a lot of personality.  It has been hard for daddy and I to really adjust to our rolls as parents but the journey has been well worth it and we love you more and more each day.

i have to say that it is pretty bitter sweet to see you grow up.  I struggle with change and being a mother is full of change.  Each day is full of something different. I am so excited to see who you will become but I miss your little infant body so much and I miss your fuzzy head and your sweet infant cry. 
I love you so much and I want the very best for you.  So, remember that it is harder on me to discipline you.  I would love to give you everything but I now have a glimpse of how our Heavenly Father feels and where he is coming from.  I have to let you have enough heart ache for you to appreciate happiness.  I have to let you want so you appreciate what you have. I have to give you free agency so that you will learn from your mistakes. 

I love you I love you I love you.
Thank you for choosing me.
I hope you know that I am doing and will do everything in my power to be the best mother I can be.

Happy Birthday my sweet little girl.

your mom.

4 comments:

Stephers said...

So cute. Cannot believe she is a year already! She is a beautiful girly and you can tell how much she is loved. Aunty Becca taught our boys the same song and they LOVE IT!

Madison Grunig said...

Happy birthday to such a sweet little gal.

whitneyms said...

She was adorable when she was born, but she still gets cuter every day!

Unknown said...

So sweet! I love how you write her letters! I think that is the funnest thing!