Wednesday, August 18, 2010

one room at a time.

what we have learned about home ownership:
you can only afford to decorate one room at a time.
(even with that in mind we still can't afford to do that)

if you were to knock on my front door and I actually heard you and answered the door
i would welcome you into our newly painted living room.





a room where the painting is finished but not the touch ups
the pillows are sewn but the pictures and mirrors aren't hung
and
the furniture is all white and needing to be painted.


If you're really lucky and you have caught me on a good day
my house just might be clean enough to show you
Genevieve's room, located up the stairs and to your left.
Here we have just installed and painted chair rail.
observe...









and as we make our way back downstairs
you probably would catch a glimpse of
Ms. G's bathroom.









and alas back to the front door where we started.
bye thanks for coming.
we love visitors so feel free to come back anytime

6 comments:

Elizabeth Larson said...

WHOA girl! You are super talented! Those quilts! And your decorating! It is all amazing. I am jealous. My hubby has very picky taste, so I can't do such fun colors like you. It looks amazing! Love it all! great job!

Megs said...

Beautiful home! You've done a wonderful job decorating!

Toni said...

Oh now we can be official friends since I have been in your house, SIKE.. this doesn't count!

Madison Grunig said...

Wow, Kenze. You are gifted!

Chiles Times said...

Your house is gorgeous. I'm so jealous right now!

Joni and Rico Adams said...

I love love love your decorating! Especially your living room. I may need some tips in the future. Way to go.