Monday, August 9, 2010

Is that poop or chocolate?

9-10 months


after 9 months you would think mom would know
this is what happens when she sleeps in and you play in your crib.


a little poop can't rain on your parade



Genevieve,

In your eighth month of life I think something clicked and you quickly changed from being a baby to a  moving, playful, thoughtful, talkative, smart little girl.  Dad and I are still trying to catch up.

On July 16 (daddy's birthday) you began to crawl.  Steady and unsure at first, it took a lot to get you going.  Daddy would coax you across the room with his cell phone and sure enough you would wobble your way over to the ultimate prize.  First you were very unsteady and went from your hands quickly to your face but it only too a week for you to get your knew found skill mastered.  Now you are constantly on the move and only a little rug burn on your knees will slow you down. You are constantly crawling, pulling yourself up onto everything (but only to your knees), falling, opening cupboards, playing with cords, sticking your fingers in light sockets, pulling things down, slobbering on the couch, playing with your poop, laughing, screaming, crawling under the sofa to find lost toys, fighting with sophi and constantly moving moving moving.

Besides crawling you are beginning to sign and talk.
at 10 months old you can sign milk like a pro
please sometimes with much coaxing
more once in a blue moon
hi and bye bye
and we think the sign for mom is you pulling at your hair
(the exact spot mom is constantly putting your bow back in)
You have also begun to make up your own signs and we aren't sure what they mean quite yet but the one you do the most is bringing your pointer finger to your thumb.  I think it means come here.

You can say:
please which is the clearest word next to dada and mama
(and you think that if you say please enough times you will get whatever you want)
 mama and dada
hi
bye bye
dog

you can:
roar like a lion
blow kisses (your version consists of leaving your hand on your mouth while you blow)
sing
give kisses (very infrequently but if I am really lucky you will plant an open mouth kiss on me)
clap your hands
and you know the actions for "popcorn popping on the apricot tree"

you understand:
no and listen quite well for a 9 month old
your self control is limited to a few minutes then you forget that I said no and do it again
our biggest fight is over you keeping your bows in your hair... i refuse to give up.

Loves:
you love reading books and will sit still and keep your hands to yourself through the entire book which is usually quite long ... if I am not reading you will lie on your back and read to yourself
you love daddy and mom but really don't have much stranger danger at all
you love your uncles especially uncle austin
you love bath time
you love biter bisquits
you love swimming
you love tickles
you love other kids
you love to flirt and make friends, a very social little butterfly
you love to scream in delight, in pain, in frustration, for attention, in anger... all the time!

You have 5 teeth...
3 on the bottom
2 on the top (the gap between to the two front toofers is so darn cute)
and 3 coming in.

You continue to wear 3-6 month dresses
Everything else 6 months and if it has feet 9 months
We just moved you into size 3 diapers

Your 9 month stats put you at the 95% for your height... 30 inches, 19lbs for your weight and you are in the 5% for your height to weight ratio.  I asked your doctor  what he predicted your final height to be and he said somewhere around 5'9 to 5'10.  I can handle that I just don't want you to be towering over everyone at 6'3. 

You eat like a champ and are rarely picky. 
Breakfast consits of a jar of fruit and yogurt and 3 oz of milk
Lunch consists of a jar of veggies (if I'm lucky) and a little bowl of whatever we're eating
snack 3 oz of milk
Dinner consists of whatever we're eating and you can eat A LOT and 3 oz of milk.
bedtime snack 3-5oz of milk.

Mom is still very strict about organic and plastic free.  I try to make sure that she eats out of glass jars, glass bottles, organic baby food, organic milk, as much organic as I can afford.
You takes two 2 hour naps a day but lately you have been struggling either falling asleep for your morning nap or staying asleep.  It is driving me crazy.  You just sit up in your bed and play for the full 2 hours sometimes... then I have to deal with a cranky baby but I am blaming this phenomenon on teething and a kidney infection.  You usually go to bed around 8 and sleep until 8 or 9 no interuptions.... thankfully!

I know I have said this before and I know I will say it again and again but I want you to always remember that you were sent here for a very specific purpose.  I don't know what that is yet but I know it with all my heart to be true.  Daddy and I weren't planning on your arrival but everyday I learn that Heavenly Father knows best.  You are so important and wouldn't be here if you didn't have a very devine mission here on this earth.  I just hope and pray that I will be the mother that you deserve and help you realize your full potential. 
Thank you for choosing me to be your mother, thank you for choosing us. 

I love you to the moon and back.
~mom

squeeky clean 




and one happy baby.

3 comments:

whitneyms said...

Squeaky clean and oh so cute! She is quite far along in her development! So smart!

Megs said...

Sorry I never got back to you! Yes, the bedding was from Serena & Lily...I love them. They are a tad bit expensive, but the basics crib bedding was NOT...and if you set up a baby registry, you get a $50 off coupon...so I just did that to get the $50 off...so everything was really inexpensive!!! Anyways...if I had loads of money I would shop all their furniture collections. :)

Evie is so cute & I love the after-bath hair!

Madison Grunig said...

What a cute girl she is! I loved getting to see you while I was there.