Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our First Day

We pulled it off....
It was our first day as teachers in our Young Women and Men Sunday school class but the proper term would be our "Young Women Class" because there is only two ladies in the class. Unfortunately I failed to realize this little fact before I made two dozen cupcakes. Although I made too many, at least I can say that the cupcakes came out unharmed. I failed to burn them, which Joe and I celebrated (this was the first unburned item I have made, lets hope it won't be my last).
Joe did most of the talking and I did most of the Vanna Whiting (i.e. I wrote on the chalk board) a dream that came true from a young child playing teacher. I was a nervous wreck, I have to admit. I was bouncing off the walls worried about the impression we would make. Please note that this was not only my first time teaching but also attending a Young Women's Sunday school class (Yay converts). Hopefully, we didn't scare the two girls we did have in class and we pray that our superb teaching abilities coupled with our good looks and great personalities will increase our class size, (I am kidding). Until next week...

(My Perfectly Cute Cupcakes)

5 comments:

Madison Grunig said...

Let's here it for the best Graham teachers! Way to go folks, I'm sure your good looks and superb cupcakes are sure to attract more kids. And yes, the cupcakes look delicious. I'm wishing I had some right now.

Watts Family said...

Oh how I miss you guys. I bet you two did a GREAT job at teaching. Love ya.

Carly said...

so glad you have a blog! I am going to add you to my list. You look absolutely gorgeous!

Carly said...

P.S. the cupcakes look delish.

Josh and Becca said...

You are too funny. I just love your posts; they make me laugh so hard!!! I'm betting it's your good looks that bring the kids a coming! FOR SURE!! :)